PLEASE NOTE that, as of 3 March 2014, (a) both Senior Vet Camps are full, so all new applications will be sent to a waiting list, and (b) Junior Vet Camps are nearly full, so all new applications will be considered on a "first come, first serve" basis.
Please use the online form below to begin the process of applying to one of the NC Zoo Society's Veterinary Camps.
2014 Veterinary Camps: Basic Information
Junior Vet Camps
Junior Veterinary Camps are for rising 7th to 9th graders. Both camps are co-educational.
Junior Vet Camp Dates
- Saturday, May 17
- Saturday, September 6
Senior Vet Camps
Senior Veterinary Camps are for rising 10th graders to college freshmen. One camp is for girls only, and the other is co-educational.
Senior Vet Camp Dates
- Friday, June 6 to Sunday, June 8 (girls only)
- Friday, July 18 to Sunday, July 20 (co-educational)
2014 Veterinary Camps: Camp Fees
Fees are partially tax-deductible (please see below) and can be made in monthly installments prior to camp.
Junior Camp Fees
- Price for NC Zoo Society members: $289
- Price for non-members: $329*
Senior Camp Fees
- Price for NC Zoo Society members: $589
- Price for non-members: $629*
- Senior campers may also elect to visit and tour the North Carolina State University Veterinary School. There is an additional $55 charge for this field trip.
*Campers paying non-member fees will be provided with a family membership to the North Carolina Zoo Society.
2014 Veterinary Camps: Tax Deductibility
Junior Camp families may deduct $222.05 from their income taxes, and Senior Camp families may deduct $386.05, as a donation to the North Carolina Zoological Society. Families electing to attend the tour of the North Carolina State University Veterinary School may deduct $40 of the $55 fee as a donation.
Click to continue the online application